OUR THINKINGFLYING CAR GPS
What does a content marketing agency do?
Maybe it’s obvious, but content marketing agencies provide content marketing services. But what does that really mean?
Here’s a list of 27 services or activities that content marketing agencies often provide.
- Developing a content strategy and writing content marketing plans (download the free ebook “From Content to Ka-Ching!” to learn more about this process)
- Researching and creating buyer personas
- Developing a messaging strategy
- Writing blog posts and guest blog posts
- Writing ebooks
- Writing white papers (How? Here’s how to write a white paper.)
- Writing case studies
- Creating email newsletters (here’s some email newsletter ideas, by the way)
- Managing social media accounts
- Writing landing page copy (and squeeze pages and sales pages, which are similar)
- Writing sales letters (for email or print)
- Creating email auto-responder series
- Writing advertorials and content for native advertising
- Writing website copy
- Search engine optimization
- Creating info graphics
- Producing podcasts
- Developing videos
- Handling photography
- Putting on virtual events such as webinars
- Putting on real-world events
- Designing and laying out ebooks or collateral
- Managing paid content campaigns, including native advertising and paid social media
- Measuring results, including web traffic, conversions to leads, conversions to sales and total return on investment
- Managing other creative professionals as needed — photographers, video editors, web developers, etc.
- Working collaboratively with other agencies and consultants
- Working closely with your in-house marketers, the sales team and executive leadership
Of course, not every content marketing agency will provide every one of these services. And some content marketing firms specialize in only some of these. But these are the kinds of activities and tactics that constitute content marketing.
Am I missing anything? Let me know in the comments.